Thursday, April 3, 2008

Big News!

I have been meaning to make this announcement for a while now. I have known of this since Christmas and couldn't wait to tell my bloggity friends, but as you can see from my sparse posting, I haven't had much time at the computer and what little I have posted hasn't always been that upbeat. So it's time for some really great news, and I want you all to know.........I'M GOING TO BE A GRANDMOTHER!!!!!!!! How cool is that?! And.....we just found out the baby is a BOY! As you can see from my profile, I am the mother of 4 girls...my girl world has just been rocked! Along with my oldest daughter, Jennifer and her husband Brandon, we will welcome little "Andy" to our family in August! I'm teary-eyed just thinking about it! Jen emailed the baby's ultra-sound pictures the other day and I fell head-over-heels in love with the little guy. I can't imagine what he'll do to my heart once he gets here. I think I'm done for! What a wonder it is to get to peer into the "secret place" where he is being "skillfully wrought". Wonderful are your works, O Lord! (Psalm 139:13-16) I know absolutely nothing about little boys, but I intend on having a wonderful time learning!

God is so good!

6 comments:

Nise' said...

Whoo Hoo! Congratulations! I am so tickled for you! Glad you stopped by and let me know you had big news! I miss you girlfriend.

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

Congratulations! Does Jennifer not have a blog anymore? I tried the link on yours, and it didn't work.

Xandra

Sharon Brumfield said...

I am so happy for you! We had all boys amongst the grandchildren and my daughter was the first girls grandbaby.
What a lovely thing to brighten your day. Buying little outfits for him will be fun-especially after all the girly stuff.

Technonana said...

That is Excellent!!! Welcome to the World of Grandparents... One of my friends asked me why I didn't tell him how wonderful it was to be a grandparent... It's something you have to experience for yourself.. and the boy thing... I have 3 daughters and one son. Two of my daughters have given me, One granddaughter and four grandsons, boys, boys and more boys!!! All of them are just great fun!!!

Patty said...

Congratulations!! Awww my twin sis is gonna be a granny!! I have two boys, well they are young men now but I can help you!!! I am so happy for you. How exciting. Please keep me updated!!

Love Ya,
your twin sis

Praise and Coffee said...

Congrats on becoming a Grandma

AND...
because you won the Praise and Coffee this month!

Email me your home address and I'll send out your Mercy Me CD and Starbucks coffee!!!!!!

Love,
Sue