Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Quotable Quotes

I love a word fitly spoken...or written. I like to collect quotes. I have them written all over every Bible I own ....well, not every Bible, just the ones I use in my study, because that's usually when I find great quotes. I especially love the ones that have reference to God's Word. Here are a few of my favorites........

"The Scriptures are in print what Christ is in person."
A.W. Tozer
"The Scriptures are the swaddling bands of the holy child Jesus; unroll them and you find your Savior."
Charles Haddon Spurgeon
"You don't have to out shout him or out muscle him to be free of his influence. You just have to "out truth" him. Believe, declare, and act upon the truth of God's Word and you will thrwart Satan's strategy."
Neil Anderson
"All the reverence we owe to God must be paid to His Word."
John Calvin
"This is the one I esteem: he who is humble and contrite in spirit, and trembles at My word."
God
(through Isaiah the prophet)
Would you share one of your favorite quotes with me? I would love to add to my collection!
Enjoy Him today!


1 comment:

Nise' said...

I would tell my kids every morning Remember who you are and who you represent.

"I'm blonder than I pay to be" Beth Moore

Seriously,
I love Oswald Chambers
“It is impossible to get exhausted in work for God. We get exhausted because we try to do God’s work in our own way.”