Sunday, June 10, 2007

Enjoying God

My pastor preached the best message this morning...and I let him know it by planting a big kiss on him (You get to do that when your married to him)! His message came from Psalm 16:11...

You will make known to me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
In Your right hand there are pleasures forever.
The whole premise of the message was based on this question....Are you enjoying your relationship with God? There are many Christians out there who are not and quite frankly who don't think a relationship with God is something to be enjoyed. How deceived we can be!
So, my friends in blogland, here's what I want to know. How do you enjoy God?
Here are just a few of the ways I enjoy Him....
I enjoy Him as I read of His marvelous exploits in His Word.

I enjoy Him as I drink my coffee and watch the birds, squirrels, and other critters from my sun room each morning.

I enjoy Him in my personal worship as I sing, dance, pray, weep, rejoice before Him.

I enjoy Him when I worship with my fellow brothers and sisters in the Lord.
I enjoy Him when I'm blogging!
I enjoy Him when I see my children loving and serving Him.
I enjoy Him when I am hurt/discouraged over someone's hurtful comment.
I enjoy Him when I am in desperate need.
I could go on....and on....I just plain ol' ENJOY GOD! As Beth Moore has said...."God just does it for me!"
So tell me. How do you enjoy God?

7 comments:

Susanne said...

Yahoo-Jah!!!(That's another "BethMooreism" ha ha!) What an awesome post!! It makes me want to get up and SHOUT! WHOOOOOOOO!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a wonderful, blessed day my Sistah!

Cathy said...

Thank you for creating such a refreshing space to visit. I added this to my favorites.

Patty said...

TammieFay,
Love your sense of humor! My best friend's husband is our pastor! I love spending any day with God. You know what I have found? That God is in my thoughts ALL day long. I love that. I enjoy God in creation. It's my thing, sunsets, sunrises, the ocean, mountains, rivers, lakes, etc.... when I discovered that we can have "date" nights with Jesus , (or daytime dates for that matter) it changed me. I know to some that may seem weird but walking on the beach or walking in your neighborhood, watching the sun come up in the morning are great times to enjoy God. God wants to be included in all we do and even in times of trials and difficulties in life! He Is....our Everything!!

Love,
Patty

Sharon Brumfield said...

This week I am enjoying God by watching how he is communicating with the children through us. I am enjoying looking out at the beauty he created just for me. The sounds of the birds in the trees--it truly makes my heart swell with love for him.
He is the best!

Connie Barris said...

I was laughing and thinking oh do I get to kiss my pastor.. but I ain't married to him.. big smile... he would probably stroke...

I just love it..

too cute...

Nise' said...

Thank you dear sister for this: "I enjoy Him when I am hurt/discouraged over someone's hurtful comment." This has happened to me this week! I am also enjoying God as I look out my mother's window and gaze at Mt. Rainer!! It is so beautiful.

Praise and Coffee said...

Beautiful thoughts Tammie,
I enjoy Him in many of the ways you do. I think that His Word brings me the most joy and also times of worship.
Blessings,
Sue