Thursday, June 28, 2007

An Award....Me?






I got a Blogging Award! Is that not a hoot n' a half? Not only that, but I got it twice! My sweet sistas Sharon at Sit With Me Awhile and Patty at Girlfriends in God both graced me with the honor! As I told them, this whole blogging adventure has turned out to be more than I bargained for and I mean that in a good way. I only started so I could keep up with our precious Bible teacher, Beth, and it has taken on a life of it's own! I like to think it is part of the "abundant life" that Jesus promised us! I have been so encouraged and so blessed by all I have come in contact with through this blog....it has truly strengthened me and given me the endurance I need in my walk with the Lord.

Sharon, my heart is so encouraged by your tenacity and the way you "work the thing out" with the Lord! Hang in there sista! I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will complete it! (Phil. 1:6)

Patty, I agree with you, you must be my long lost twin! No one in my family has the same "the early bird gets the worm" attitude as I do or the same penchant for coffee...where have you been all my life?! I love your love for Jesus who obviously has been your rock and refuge in times of storm. Keep shining girl!

If I understand correctly, I now get to bestow this award on at least five deserving sistas...where do I begin? I've been blessed by so many.....

I would like to pass this award on to Susanne at Truly Captivating. You will love visiting with her. I can see her love for God's word growing each day....wow! The fact that she's a praise dancin', hand raisn', Baptist is merit alone to receive the award from me...you go girl!

To Sue at Praise and Coffee....the name of her blog alone is enough to make me want to visit! Her sweet and gentle spirit just oozes from her blog. She always has a good word. You will enjoy your time there.

I also want to give this award to Jennifer at Savor the Master's Blend. She's just getting started and she needs encouragement! She wrote an awesome post on describing God (see her June 10th post)...that girl's got a good head on her shoulders (Ok, so she is my daughter, she still deserves it!). Give her a visit...you'll be glad you did!

Ok girls...I know this award is the "Rockin' GIRL Blogger Award" ....but...(you may need to put on your heart of forebearance and forgiveness here... Col. 3:13) I want to give this award to Travis Cottrell. He so deserves it (you know he does)! Any man who works with women the way he does, who leads us in worship at all of Beth's events, and endures being submersed in "all things women" for weekends at a time, plus has a ROCKIN' blog, deserves it! Oh, I can hear the naysayers now.....he might not want the award, it's too...."girly!" Are you kidding? I believe Travis is secure enough in his masculinty to proudly display his award! (Travis, if you read this, don't make me regret my adulation...help a sista out here!) His blog is such a blessing. Believe it or not he does have a life outside of LPL and God is using him in mighty ways. The fact that he shares himself with us is very humbling to me. Travis, I don't know about anyone else, but, YOU ROCK MY FACE OFF! (just learned that little endearment from my college-aged daughter and it has come in quite handy lately!)

Oh, this is so much fun! To anyone who finds their way here, may you be blessed, but most of all....may God be honored and praised!

7 comments:

Travis said...

Hey, Tammie!

Thanks so much for the Blog Award! And, yes, I receive it with gratitude! I realize it is a little bit of a weird thing, but I have found myself somehow in the middle of this chick fest in life!! I tell Beth that she has siestas, and I am a miesta (mister). I am glad to join in the party!

Thanks for your encouragement so much. It is a privilege to serve this generation with you...and all the siestas and miestas in blogland! Have a great day...

Travis

Sharon Brumfield said...

How cool that he responded to your award. I gave one to Beth and Amanda way back. They are the ones who got me started with all this.
Thank you for your sweetness.

Patty said...

Tammie,
What a great idea to give it to Travis!!!! I just love you so much and I can't wait to meet my long, lost twin!!!

Connie Barris said...

Oh girl... you so Rock... way to go....

Couldn't have happened to a nicer person...

wow... an email from Travis.. how cool is that.. like print it off and frame it... lol....

Melissa said...

Congrats on your award! You deserve it, girl!

And there a few of us praise dancin', hand raisn', Baptists out there ;D

Praise and Coffee said...

Tammie, thank you so much! I didn't even know I was nominated til I read your blog this morning! That is so sweet!

I love that you nominated Travis too- what a hoot! I'm in good company with all the "girls"!

Susanne said...

Hey Girl!!
I finally got to do my ROCKIN' GIRL blog post today. Thanks so much for thinking of me. I think you ROCK, too!! Get on wid it, my Siesta!!!
(How cool!! Now I can call Travis a "Miesta"!! I LOVE IT!!!...and you!!!)
Have a great day!